As such, I'll be taking some time off and won't return to the blog until next Tuesday.
To tide you over I thought I'd share some Kitchen Witch classics from the archives that I hope you enjoy.
Until then, how about an amazing salad that Mr. Kitchen Witch says is his favourite!
Easy Taco Meatball Salad
Click here to visit the printable recipe: Easy Taco Meatball Salad
Or join me at the beach for some sun, some waves, and the easy to follow step by step video.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 cups assorted lettuce
- 1 diced tomato
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1/2 diced sweet red or orange pepper
- 1/2 diced green pepper
- 1 avocado cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup crushed taco flavoured tortilla chips
- 1 tbsp salsa
- 1/4 cup Peppercorn Ranch salad dressing
- Another 1/4 cup crumbled taco flavoured tortilla chips
- Crush the first quarter cup of taco chips in a food processor or spice grinder until fine. Mix that together with the salsa and ground beef in a medium bowl.
- Roll into small cocktail sized meatballs (1/2 inch in diameter)
- Place onto a parchment covered baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated 350 oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool while you make the salad.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add the meatballs and toss. Add the salad dressing and toss again.
- Serve on plates sprinkled with the second quarter cup of taco chips (lightly crumbled using your hands)
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.