Learn how to make this wonderful breakfast with my easy to follow step by step video.
Or visit the printable recipe here: Eggs Benny Breakfast Muffins
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp warm chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon herb salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Canadian bacon, diced and cooked crispy
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium eggs lightly beaten
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix the cream cheese, lemon juice, and chicken stock, together in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the sour cream, salt and cayenne pepper. Add the eggs, flour, and baking powder, and cooked back bacon and stir to mix.
- Bake in a greased muffin tin in a preheated 400 oven until they are golden brown on top and a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool on counter, remove from muffin tin and cut each in half.
- Add the onion to the eggs and scramble the eggs over medium in a large non stick skillet in the tsp of olive oil.
- When the eggs are just about cooked, add the cheese, let it melt in, and then remove the eggs from the heat just before they are completely done. They will continue to cook in the pan away from the heat but won't overcook. Scrambled eggs become runny when they're over cooked.
- Place a heaping tbsp of the egg mixture onto one half of each muffin and top with the other half. Serve immediately or individually wrap and freeze. These re-heat well in the microwave for a quick on the go breakfast.