This is one of my all time favourite, easy, comforting weeknight dinners!
Visit the printable recipe here: Lemon Butter Spaghetti with Mushrooms
Or follow along with my step by step video.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms any variety
- 1/2 tsp each salt, pepper, minced garlic
- 5 slices of lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 450 grams spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Saute the mushrooms over medium high heat in the olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter just until the mushrooms begin to release their water. At this point add the salt, pepper, and garlic and continue to stir and saute until the mushroom water is almost evaporated.
- Add the lemon slices, thyme, and rosemary and stir in the pan.
- Cover with the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat slightly and continue to simmer until the sauce has reduced by about half.
- When the sauce has reduced, turn off the heat and add the second tbsp of butter stirring as it melts.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling, salted water just until al dente and drain.
- Bring the sauce back up to the boil and add the cooked spaghetti. Toss until the sauce is almost completely incorporated into the spaghetti. Add the parsley at this time if using.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.