Cheesy polenta is cut into slices and topped with savoury ground beef and cherry tomatoes. Better still, this incredible dish can be put together, start to finish, in about 30 minutes!
Visit the printable recipe here: Polenta with Savoury Beef and Cherry Tomatoes
Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video!
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick polenta
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 400 gram (14 ounce) tin canned Italian cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Pour milk and broth into a medium saucepan and add butter. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and then add the polenta
- Stir with a whisk for about 3 minutes or until polenta thickens up. Add the cheese and whisk another minute.
- Place into a small cake pan or casserole dish that has been treated with extra virgin olive oil (as per the video), cover and let the polenta set on the counter while you make the beef and tomatoes.
- Saute a half cup of onion in extra virgin olive over medium high heat until soft. Add the ground beef and saute until almost cooked through. Add the salt, black pepper, minced garlic and continue to saute until the ground beef is completely cooked through.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes and use the spatula to burst the tomatoes. Let that simmer 10 minutes.
- While that simmers, cut the polenta into slices like cake. Serve with large spoonfuls of the meat sauce and then sprinkle with fresh basil.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.