Visit the printable here: Turkey Meatball Soup with Mixed Greens
Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Turkey Meatball Ingredients
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp lemon herb salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 heaping tbsp grated white onion
- 1 tbsp finely minced celery
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp each extra virgin olive oil and butter
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups chopped mixed greens like Swiss chard, spinach, and kale
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together and form into cocktail sized balls. Set aside.
- Saute the celery, carrots, and onion in the butter and olive oil over medium high heat in a large soup pot.
- When the vegetables just begin to turn soft, add the meatballs a few at a time and let them saute a little to get well coated in the olive oil and butter.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling, cover, turn to medium low, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- After the soup has simmered 30 minutes, add the greens, stir well until wilted, and then add the black pepper and lemon juice.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.