The secret ingredient - which in this case was Philly Cream Cheese (don't judge) - makes for the most moist, tender, flavourful, fall off the bone delicious ribs this side of the border!
Serve with homemade potato salad and some tossed greens and you have a meal for the record books!
Learn how to make these first hand with today's fun video featuring the Man I Married aka "Big V" and visit the printable recipe here: Big V's Secret Ingredient Ribs.
- 1 rack pork ribs
- 1/2 cup Chive and Onion or Herb and Garlic Phildelphia Cream Cheese (light or regular)
- 3 tbsp rub mixture
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chipotle chilli powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Rub the Philadelphia Cream Cheese into both sides of the ribs.
- Blend the other spices and rub 2 tbsps of the rub into the topside of the ribs and the third tbsp on the bottom side. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 250 oven, bottom side down on a cookie sheet on the middle rack for 4 hours.
- Finish on the bbq for 3-4 minutes per side brush with your favourite BBQ sauce
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Lyndsay's husband Vaughan is an award winning recipe developer, artist, and all round great guy! Watch for lots more of his secret ingredient recipes and other innovative ideas for elevating the flavour in all of your meals.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.