Roasting tomatoes brings out a depth of flavour that just can't be beat - and combined with herb butter infused chicken breasts, this recipe makes a sauce that is just amazing!
Visit the printable recipe here: Roasted Tomatoes with Chicken, Spaghetti, and Herb Butter
Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, thyme, and parsley
- 6 medium tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 large cloves garlic, split
- 1/2 tsp each salt, black pepper, dried chili flakes (to sprinkle on the tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt, pepper, and garlic powder (to sprinkle on the chicken)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 450 gram pkg dried spaghetti noodles
- a handful of sea salt for the pasta
- Toss the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and dried chili flakes in a large bowl to coat.
- Mix the fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary into the butter and place onto a piece of saran wrap. Roll to form a quarter inch in diameter tube and place in the refrigerator to harden.
- When the butter has set, cut into discs, and stuff 2 discs each into slits made in boneless skinless breasts (as per the video). Squeeze the chicken breast together to seal and then rub the outside with a tsp of additional butter and sprinkle with the mixture of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spread the tomato mixture onto a baking sheet with the seed sides facing down, and place the chicken breasts alongside. Bake in a 350 oven for an hour.
- Remove the chicken to a platter, cover to keep warm, and then mash the roasted tomatoes and garlic until it forms a rustic slightly chunky sauce.
- Reserve a half cup of the sauce for the chicken.
- Boil the spaghetti noodles in well salted boiling water until al dente (seven minutes) and add a quarter cup of the pasta water to the sauce in the pot. Pour in the cooked, drained spaghetti, and toss with a quarter cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese. Thinly slice the chicken breasts and serve over top the cooked spaghetti. Pour the reserved sauce in equal amounts over each dish.