So join me in my Kitchen Witch cottage today as I prepare one of my all time favourite recipes for soup and find out just how simple this one is!
If you love Split Pea Soup, I'm certain this will become one of your comfort favourites for Fall and Winter.
Visit the printable recipe here: Old Fashioned Split Pea Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried split peas, rinsed
- 2 cups diced, smoked ham steak
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cups low sodium chicken stock
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order listed.
- Pour in broth.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, enjoy!
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.