Because these are some of the best cookies I've had in a long, long time!
Visit the printable recipe here: Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Enjoy Big V in action as he gets all "manly" with the cookie dough!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp bourbon or pure vanilla extract
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 square unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 (180 c) and prepare cookie sheets with parchment or silpat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugars, butter, peanut butter, egg, and bourbon. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add bananas. Beat at low speed just until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, continuing to beat on low until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips and then using a tbsp, form into small, round, cake like cookies and place 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth. Spread frosting evenly on cookies. Let dry completely before storing.