Visit the printable recipe here: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt, black pepper, dried thyme, dried oregano, dried basil, dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 large cloves minced garlic
- 1 796 ml (28 oz) tin Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 680 ml tin tomato sauce
- Mix together the sea salt, black pepper, dried thyme, oregano, basil, parsley, and
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Saute the diced onion, diced celery and sliced button mushrooms in the extra virgin olive oil just until the onion begins to soften and then add the extra lean ground beef and Italian sausage.
- When the meat is almost cooked through, add half of the dried herb mixture to the pan and continue to saute along with two cloves of minced garlic.
- Remove any extra fat or liquid from the pan and then add the Italian plum tomatoes, tomato sauce, the remainder of the herb blend and the sliced black olives. Stir, reduce heat, cover, and continue to simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti cooked to al dente.