Chocolate Caramel Apple Rice Krispy Bars
I hope you enjoy today's easy to follow step by step video!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 Honey Crisp apples, diced
- 1 240 gram, 10.5 oz, package miniature marshmallows
- 1 pkg mini Caramilk or Caramello bars (26 mini bars)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and saute the diced apples over medium heat, about three minutes until softened. Add the chocolate bars and stir until completely melted. Finally, stir in the marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the RICE KRISPIES. Stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan lined with parchment paper..
- Cool completely in the refrigerator at least three hours until set. The bars will be gooey - this is what makes them so good. Cut into 2-inch squares and store in the refrigerator.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.