Not only does it add incredible flavour, it looks just beautiful all done up in a jar - making it an inexpensive, and impressive hostess gift over the holiday season.
And making it is really just as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Visit the printable recipe here: Lemon Herb Salt
Lemon Herb Salt
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 1/2 cup seasoned salt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 sprig each fresh rosemary, thyme, sage, parsley (can also add lavender if you have it)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup coarse sea salt
- Dry the herbs and zest slightly by leaving them on the counter for an hour or two.
- In a small spice or coffee grinder, pulse salt with lemon zest, dried herbs, and pepper until salt forms smaller crystals and mixture is blended, about 30 seconds.
- Pack into glass jars with tight-fitting lids and store in a cool, dark place for up to 2 months. Attach a ribbon and gift tag with serving ideas.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.