Especially when my two favourite characters indulge in a Christmas Eve tradition that is simply lovely: Christmas Eve pasta.
Succulent prawns are enveloped in a buttery herb and lemon wine sauce and tossed with linguini or spaghetti pasta. Serve this with crusty bread and chilled Proseco and toast the season in style!
Visit the printable recipe here: Shrimp Lemon Pepper Linguini
Please enjoy the easy to follow step by step video.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 - Recipe easily doubles
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine or spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine, and cook for 9 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and saute garlic about 1 minute. Mix in chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is reduced by about 1/2.
- Mix shrimp, butter, parsley, and basil into the saucepan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp is opaque. Stir in the cooked linguine, and continue cooking 2 minutes, until well coated.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.