Please enjoy today's step by step video!
Visit the printable recipe here: Homemade Slider Buns
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour flour
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- Heat the milk, water, honey and butter until butter is melted. Let cool to luke warm. Whisk in egg.
- Mix 2 cups of the flour, yeast, and salt. Mix into the milk mixture. Stir in the rest of the flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- When the dough pulls together, (it will form a soft ball) turn it out onto a floured surface and knead ten minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Divide dough into 12 -16 equal pieces. This will depend on the size you want for the finished bun - 16 makes perfect buns for sliders. Shape into smooth balls, flatten slightly, and place on a silpat covered baking sheet.
- Let rise for 30 to 35 minutes. When buns have almost doubled bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Brush the tops with egg wash or melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional)
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader