Layers of corned beef and cabbage are combined with hash brown potatoes, onion, dill,and a luscious cream sauce. All together, it comes out of the pan as a savoury slice that's delicious any time of the year!
Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole
Please enjoy the easy to follow step by step video.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 diced white onion
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 kg pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tins corned beef
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs:
- Saute the onion and cabbage in the butter and olive oil just until they begin to grow soft. Add the celery seed and stir to incorporate.
- Place hash browns in a medium mixing bowl. Add the cooked onions and cabbage and mix well.
- Mix sour cream, soup, egg, and corned beef with dill, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the hash browns into the bowl with the soup and mix everything together well.
- Spoon into a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been treated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and panko. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader