We started with my recipe for Thai Style Coconut Chicken.
And I accompanied the dish with this lovely Thai Style mango Salad - another Kitchen Witch original recipe!
As a fun aside, the dressing in this salad was part of my recipe for Blackened Sesame Tuna over Asian Greens - a recipe that recently came in third in an International competition and the only one from Canada to place!
Visit the printable recipe here: Thai Style Mango and Cashew Salad.
Watch the step by step video here:
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 purple onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 mangoes peeled and sliced thin and diced or cut into sticks
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and store in the refrigerator in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shake the dressing well and toss into the salad a little at a time until it is dressed the way you like it. I usually use about a half cup of the dressing for this salad.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader