All week I tried to persuade him into making a barbecue sauce out of these ingredients, but he kept insisting this was the way to go; and never one to be controlling (at least not this weekend), I gave him my full all beef patty blessing.
As you can see, I'm glad I did because the burgers were amazing!
But don't just trust me with that, watch Big V's hilarious video and he'll walk you through how to do it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Visit the printable recipe here: Big Man Bourbon Burgers
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp strong black coffee
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 6 kaiser buns, split in half
- thin rings of purple onion
- 6 slices jalapeno jack or cheddar cheese
- thinly sliced sweet pickles
- Mix the bourbon, coffee, cocoa, chili, garlic powders, salt and pepper together to form a slurry. Add to the ground sirloin and mix well.
- Form into 6, 1/3 pound patties.
- Grill at 375 app 5 minutes per side until cooked through and juices run clear. When the patties are almost cooked through, add the purple onion and cheese to each, close the bbq lid and let cook 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of split kaiser buns. Add a hamburger patty to each, top with sweet pickles and enjoy!
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.