If you'd like to watch me tell my ghost story, visit here: Is my kitchen haunted?
Until then, let's tuck into these deliciously luscious crepes!
Please enjoy my step by step video (and find out why I call myself the "anti-Martha Stewart")
The printable recipe can be accessed here: Chicken and Asparagus Crepes with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a non stick pan treated with oil or cooking spray over medium heat. Pour or scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Stack on a warm plate and keep warm in a 150 oven until ready to fill and serve.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized cubes
- 8 sliced button mushrooms
- 16 asparagus stalks, woody stems removed
- 1 diced shallot
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 container Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Saute the chicken, shallots, and mushrooms in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until the chicken has cooked through and the mushrooms have begun to release their water.
- Add the sherry to the pan, stirring well to get all that nice flavour off the bottom. Bring to the boil and let the sherry reduce until it's almost evaporated.
- Add the fresh thyme and pour the chicken stock over all.
- Bring to the boil, and let boil until the sauce reduces by half.
- Turn the heat to medium low, and add the cream cheese to the pan, stirring well to melt into the sauce.
- Add the shredded Gruyere cheese and stir well to incorporate.
- Use a slotted spoon and scoop a generous amount of chicken and mushrooms onto each crepe. Add two spears of steamed asparagus per crepe, a spoonful of the cream sauce from the pan, fold over, drizzle with more sauce, and top with fresh chopped parsley.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.