Weekday Wednesday dishes are magical because they can be put together using items from the pantry, require very little prep, are super easy, and best of all, are delicious. Like today's recipe for Mandarin Brats!
Bratwurst sausage is baked in an easy to prepare sauce and then roasted to juicy perfection. Serve over Jasmine rice covered in the sauce and you've got a meal the whole family is going to love!
Visit the printable recipe here: Mandarin Brats
Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- 10 Bratwurst sausages
- 1, 11 oz (312 gram) tin mandarin orange slices (un-drained)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Mix the mandarins and juice, brown sugar, vinegar, curry powder, and cornstarch together.
- Place sausages into a shallow casserole dish prepared with cooking spray.
- Pour the sauce over all.
- Bake covered in a 375 oven for 60 minutes.
- Remove sausage from dish and place on a baking sheet under the broiler for about 2 minutes turning once to brown on all sides.
- Serve over rice with the sauce spooned over all.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.