I knew right away that I wanted to do something sweet and savoury for this playlist, and maybe even a little different - and that's when I came up with the recipe for my Pina Colada Chicken Salad Sandwiches!
The chicken salad sandwich filling is a blend of good quality tinned or shredded chicken meat, celery, green onions, crushed pineapple, coconut and hint of curry powder. Sandwiched between slices of an easy recipe for Pineapple Quick Bread, and you've got a Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe that perfectly mimics a pina colada!
Talk about a wonderful sandwich to serve at your next picnic or on the beach! Anyway you slice it, though, this easy recipe is a real crowd pleaser!
Visit the printable recipe here: Pina Colada Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe on Pineapple Quick Bread
Or join me in the Kitchen Witch cottage and cook along with me! Please enjoy today's easy recipe for Pina Colada Chicken Salad Sandwiches on Pineapple Quick Bread. The video will teach step by step instructions so that you can create this wonderful chicken salad sandwich too!
Recipe: Pina Colada Chicken Salad Sandwich on Pineapple Quick Bread
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 2, 156 grams each, cans of flaked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1 398 ml can drained crushed pineapple (drain pineapple in a colander until almost dry)
- 1/2 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp curry powder
Pina Colada Quick Bread Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 1 & 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (398 ml) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tbsp finely diced jalapeno pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a large 2 litre loaf pan (or two smaller pans).
- Beat eggs slightly. Stir in oil and sugar. Add extracts, and pineapple juice.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and jalapeno pepper. Add to egg mixture and mix just until ingredients are moistened.
- Gently stir in the crushed pineapple, and coconut. Do not stir too much or bread will be heavy.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing
About Lyndsay the Kitchen Witch
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel where she puts out three new cooking videos each week.