Like today's incredible recipe for Cedar Planked Salmon with Mixed Berry Compote.
Sonny Anderson. And the dish is simply spectacular.
Visit the printable recipe here: Cedar Planked Salmon with Mixed Berry Compote
And please enjoy the easy to follow video from our "Cabin Series"
- 6, skin on, salmon filets
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces each blueberries and raspberries
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and sliced into coins
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- lemon pepper
- Soak a Cedar plank in fruit flavoured beer for 8 hrs
- In a small sauce pot over medium-high heat, combine the berries, ginger, water, and the juice of half a lemon. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until berries break down, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to push the pulp through.
- Return the mixture back to the sauce pot and add 1/4 cup of sugar and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 20 minutes,
- stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Drizzle the salmon filets with extra virgin olive oil and then sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper. Rub it in, and then pour half of the compote over all - saving the other half for later.
- Place the filets onto a plank on a grill heated to 350 and let cook with the lid down for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve with more sauce spooned over all.
About Lyndsay the Kitchen Witch
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel where she puts out three new cooking videos each week.