This dish is restaurant quality delicious, perfectly seasoned and balanced, and is chock full of healthy ingredients like lean chicken, and spinach.
And like all of my Kitchen Witch recipes this one is easy to make, and doesn't require anything fancier than a kitchen peeler, a non stick pan, and a love of great ingredients to put this together.
Visit the printable recipe here: Chicken and Pancetta Alfredo Sauce with Zucchini Pasta
Or cook along with me using my step by step video:
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 cup button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced pancetta
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 2 large zucchini
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Saute the diced onion, button mushrooms, chicken breast pieces, and the diced pancetta.
- Continue sauteing until the chicken is cooked through, the vegetables are tender, and the pancetta is just starting to get crispy.
- Add the dried thyme, minced garlic, and de-glaze the pan with a 1/2 cup of white wine, and a half cup of chicken stock
- Bring to the boil and reduce the sauce by at least half.
- Add the baby spinach stirring to wilt.
- Pour in the evaporated skim milk, stir, and then finish with a half cup of shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on low for five minutes as the sauce thickens.
- Finish with a half teaspoon of your favourite dried chiles.
- In the meantime, peel the green skin off the zucchini and then using the kitchen peeler, start at the top of the zucchini and peel into fettucccini zized strips. Stop when you get to the seeds.
- Stir fry over medium high in a non stick pan sprayed with a little olive oil for 2-3 minutes until the zucchini is tender.
- Drain well and serve with the sauce.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, a former website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada, the $20,000.00 winner of the online competition "The Real Women of Philadelphia" and a finalist on the Food Network Canada show Recipe to Riches. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.