And what better to take on an exploratory excursion than a picnic lunch?
One big jar of this delicious (and healthy) salad will easily feed four people. Just pack it to go in a cooler or heat proof bag along with a large plastic bowl. When you get to your desired destination for lunch, dump it into the bowl, toss it up, and serve.
And if you want to stop by the Casa de Kitchen Witch to chat, join me on my porch as I toss this one together!
Printable Recipe Here: Chicken Grape and Kale Salad in a Jar
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup light Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast (I like to buy a rotisserie chicken and use that)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, washed and sliced in half
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, and curry powder together and pour into the bottom of a 4 quart mason jar.
- Layer the other ingredients in the order given. Put the lid on and store in the fridge up to 3 days.
- To serve: dump everything into a large bowl and toss well.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, a former website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada, the $20,000.00 winner of the online competition "The Real Women of Philadelphia" and a finalist on the Food Network Canada show Recipe to Riches. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.