Like today's amazingly easy and delicious recipe for Foil packet Ancho Fish Tacos with Pineapple Slaw - a recipe that can literally be put together in about 15 minutes, start to finish.
It's low fat, low carb, high protein, nutrient rich goodness at it's best and is the perfect dinner for hot weather cooking or even camping as the fish goes into a tinfoil packet and is grilled.
I hope you'll try this recipe and if you're interested in watching how it all comes together or learning some interesting tid bits about pineapple, watch the video that accompanies the recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Printable Recipe: Foil Packet Ancho Fish Tacos with Pineapple Slaw
- 4 large filets of sole
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix (chopped cabbage, carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into tidbits
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 mayonnaise
- 8 low carb soft taco shells
- Lay 2 the sole filets onto a large tinfoil sheet that's been treated with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Lightly brush or mist the fish with more olive oil, and then squeeze the juice of one fresh lime over all. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, jalapeno pepper, and the ancho chili powder.
- Mix together the coleslaw, cilantro, pineapple, honey, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Heat your grill to 500. Place the tinfoil package onto the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes a side.
- Serve in taco shells with the slaw.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, a former website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada, the $20,000.00 winner of the online competition "The Real Women of Philadelphia" and a finalist on the Food Network Canada show Recipe to Riches. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.