Ai has a cooking channel on Youtube called "Cooking with Ai" where she features delicious recipes from Japan. Many of her flavours and ideas come from experiences growing up and cooking with her mother and I was super excited when she asked me if I would like to collaborate on a recipe video with her.
Collaborations are a fun way to meet new people and gain new viewership and we decided to each do a video featuring a recipe. Ai featured her delicious recipe for Hot and Spicy Onion Sauce, and I created today's noodle bowl using the sauce!
This is a quick, easy, and very delicious dinner - and make sure to pickle the radishes! They are an AMAZING condiment and they go perfectly with this dish! And if you try it, let me know! As well, be sure to subscribe to follow this blog, and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
I upload two new recipe blogs and videos a week!
Visit the printable recipe here: Beef Noodle Bowl with Pickled Radish
Or cook along with me at the Casa de Kitchen Witch on Youtube!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Pickling Time for the radishes: 3 hours or overnight
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2- 4 (depending on appetites)
Stir Fry Ingredients
- cooking oil for your wok or pan
- 1, 8 oz rib eye or strip loin steak, sliced very thin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 8 oz, sliced mushrooms
- 2 squares Rooster Brand Instant Noodles
- 4 cups mixed greens (spinach, kale, bok choy - whatever you like)
- 1/2 small diced chili pepper (optional)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- the juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili bean sauce (can substitute siracha or black bean sauce in a pinch)
- 2 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp mirin (optional but good)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, salt, and mirin well in a large jar. Add the radishes and let sit at least 3 hours before eating. They're even better if you leave them overnight.
- Stir fry the steak and mushrooms in a hot wok or pan along with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Saute just until the steak is cooked and the mushrooms have begun to release their water.
- Add the greens and continue to saute until wilted.
- While the greens are cooking, boil the noodles for app 5 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- Add the hot and spicy onion sauce to the wok.
- Add the noodles to the wok and stir fry for another minute or two. If using hot chili peppers add them at this point.
- Serve in bowls garnished with the pickled radishes.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, a former website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada, the $20,000.00 winner of the online competition "The Real Women of Philadelphia" and a finalist on the Food Network Canada show Recipe to Riches. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.