This because I've been loving easy vegetarian meals I can turn to once or twice a week - guaranteeing we're eating a wider variety of vegetables, trying new ingredients, and saving money.
But if someone had told me the magic that's created in a slow cooker with re-fried beans, quinoa, cheese, and salsa I never would have believed it!
The quinoa gets mixed together with a few other ingredients, is stuffed into peppers, and cooked on low for 6 hours resulting in oodles of cheesy, tomato, deliciousness and mounds of nutrition! Better still, the quinoa is super filling and the entire easy meal will leave you feeling great and coming back for more.
This is a healthy, and very delicious vegetarian meal, so if you try it, let me know! As well, be sure to subscribe to follow this blog, and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
I upload two new recipe blogs and videos a week!
Visit the printable recipe here: Crockpot Quinoa and Bean Stuffed Peppers
Or join me at the Casa de Kitchen Witch on Youtube where my husband Big V and I get into a Foodie Showdown: Ribs vs Peppers!
Crockpot Quinoa and Bean Stuffed Peppers
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can re-fried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- 4 medium sized peppers any variety
- Mix the quinoa, beans, salsa, sour cream, cumin, lime juice, cilantro, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Remove the insides and seeds from the peppers and spoon equal amounts of the quinoa stuffing into each.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of a slow cooker and place the stuffed peppers into the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on the low setting for 6 hours.
- Before serving, remove cover and sprinkle the peppers with grated cheese,Cover the crock pot again for a few seconds to melt the cheese.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, a former website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada, the $20,000.00 winner of the online competition "The Real Women of Philadelphia" and a finalist on the Food Network Canada show Recipe to Riches. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.