That said, for today's blog I wanted to re-create my own version of that delicious dish and I have to tell you, if you try this, you won't be sorry!
This is a healthy, and very delicious dish, so if you try it, let me know! As well, be sure to subscribe to follow this blog, and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube.
I upload two new recipe blogs and videos a week!
Visit the printable recipe here: Turkey Meatballs in Easy Marinara Sauce
Or cook along with me at the Casa de Kitchen Witch on Youtube!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 lb ground turkey thigh
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped. pitted, kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 680 ml jar Italian pureed tomatoes
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Mix the first 10 ingredients together and form into baseball sized meatballs.
- Brown on all sides over medium high heat in a non stick pan treated with olive oil.
- Set the meatballs aside and saute the onions in the same pan until soft, add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato puree, bay leaf, and the meatballs back to the pan. Cover the meatballs with the sauce, bring to a simmering boil, turn to medium low, cover and simmer one hour.
- Serve over your favourite pasta or over a bed of sauteed spinach.
- These freeze well.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, a former website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada, the $20,000.00 winner of the online competition "The Real Women of Philadelphia" and a finalist on the Food Network Canada show Recipe to Riches. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.